PD through podcasts

So mabye I’m a little late in jumping on the bandwagon, but I’ve discovered podcasts.

Photo created by Bent Kure Photo under Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic

I’ve been listening so far to the Ed Tech Crew with Tony Richards and Darrel Branson and R U Connected with Jenny Ashby and Lois Smethurst. I’ve been listening to them each morning and afternoon as I drive to and from work and been listening as I do the ironing (a task I hate but made so much more enjoyable as I listen to each of these episodes). I’ve loved learning about new sites and resources and using them as an opportunity to liven tasks that I’d otherwise seen as boring or as a chance to be more productive at a time when I’m usually not.

As a ‘noob‘ though, what I’m wondering though is how do others manage their podcast subscriptions ? Is there a better way of managing\subscribing to podcats ? At the moment, I download episodes on my iPhone whilst I’m out and about. Is there a way that they can be ‘magically’ sent to my phone ? Is there a way to be notified that a new podcast is available ? What I’ve also noticed that if I am downloading a podcast I can’t go back listen to one whilst that one is downloading…. Where do they disappear to ?

What tips would you offer someone new to using podcasts ?
What resources could give me more information ?
How do you manage your podcasts ? What resources do you use ?
What other podcasts are you listening to ?

3 thoughts on “PD through podcasts

1. Pat

I love listening to Seedlings@Bit by Bit. I think they are off for the summer though. I can’t help you with your phone but I download them into itunes and can listen to any episode I want, even while others are downloading.

1. mrduncan Post author

Hi Pat,

Thanks for the reply to my post.

I’ll take a look at the ‘seedlings@bit’ podcast you suggested. Thanks for the recommendation.

Scott.